I was a bit moody today. Too busy at work and got bored of people around. So I decided to treat myself well for a dinner (even if I am alone…who cares).
I brought home some cheese, fresh eggs and 50% discount spinach.
200 g baby spinach
200 g broccoli (mine one was old and a bit yellow). chopped in small pieces
1 onion finely chopped
2 tbs olive oil
100 ml milk
3 small eggs
100 g Roquefort (French Blue cheese), crumbled
salt and pepper
tarte dough (from the closet supermarket)
1. fry onion in olive oil until soft
2. add broccoli stir until 70% cooked remove from the pan
3. add a bit of oil and stir in the spinach fry until wilt, remove from the pan without water
4. beat eggs, add milk, a pinch of salt and pepper, add roquefort mix
5. grease tarte form with butter or olive oil (spread over with a bit flour)
6. spread the tarte dough over the form, trim
7. spread the broccoli and spinach over the tarte dough
8. pour in the egg mix and spring salt and pepper (but not too much, cheese is a already salty)
9. bake in the pre-heated oven at 170°C for 45 mins
While waiting, you may search for a bottle of good red wine in your cellar.
I got Bordeaux 2008 (won the gold medal in 2010). It was a good one. Not fruity at all, but also not very dry with very light sweet taste remains on your tongue. I bought it by chance, need to stock some more.